NEOOPS & Client Background:
NEOOPS has a long-lasting relationship with one of the largest banks in the Czech Republic.
The relationship started in 2016 when NEOOPS participated in Proof of Concept and since then we have helped our client with the automation of back office processes.
Our clients’ story:
- They started their RPA journey in 2016 with a Proof of Concept
- Blue Prism platform was implemented in 2017 with the first batch of back office processes in production in April 2018
- Now, our client has a centralized Center of Excellence model as well as a very agile team with 12 team members (developers) and has 25 processes in production (20 back-end and 5 front-end).
The Blue Prism & Trust Portal Solution was designed by NEOOPS (elimination of UiPath)
NEOOPS played a key role and was instrumental in creating a significant impact by defining the solution for the automation of Front Office processes where Blue Prism was leveraged by TrustPortal technology to eliminate UiPath attended solution which was originally planned to be implemented, as ALL other Blue Prism partners were offering them Uipath.
During NEOOPS annual workshop with clients in autumn 2018 we presented TrustPortal solution and how it can help existing Blue Prism clients to extend the reach of digital workforce in the Front Office area. At that time our clients RPA team was already analyzing how to help their Front Office clerks in their daily duties. Our client was looking for a solution which would have allowed to reach the following in Front Office area: 1) faster processing, 2) simplification of an existing front – office sales process, 3) would be easy to use, 4) satisfy strict security requirements for a banking industry and 5) create a positive business case.
When NEOOPS presented TrustPortal the client team immediately spotted the solution for their task. Even though they were also looking at UiPath they saw the advantages of TrustPortal solution together with Blue Prism. They issued RFP based on NEOOPS solution and NEOOPS won the definition and installation part of the solution in February 2019.
Among the reasons for selecting the solution of Blue Prism & Trust Portal, the key points were:
- Simple interfaces for both platforms
- Partial re-use of current infrastructure
- Security reasons: a joint solution justified security requirements and allowed to keep a track of all actions
- Easy to learn: developers did not require extra effort to learn the platform
- Price-friendly – allowed license sharing for front and back offices and TrustPortal licensing per robot not per user
What has been implemented as of now and what has been an impact for a client:
- 5 Front Office processes were automated by using this solution, several of these processes are among the “CORE” processes for our client (e.g. “the customer account opening”). See more examples below.
- ROI for a simple process (“automated process of business cards orders”) is only 6 months
- Current solution now directly supports 3000 bank users (Front Office clerks) freeing thousands of hours available to business.
- In terms of estimated saved time, based on the client feedback from the Leader of Software Development, more than 10,000 hours are returned to business on an annual basis (this is an estimate for one of the key bank’s processes – “the customer account opening”. The hours returned by a simpler process “automated processes of business cards orders” might be slightly smaller, however, it is compensated fully by a significantly smaller ROI which is 6 months only.
- Our client has benefited not only by “time/hours” saved/retuned to business but, more importantly, by utilizing this freed up time to build better client relationship and improve the upsell process during clients visit
Example of 2 processes automated with this solution (in total, 5 Front Office processes were automated):
1. “client account opening”
- This was the main reason why this bank needed front-office process automation
- The process was extremely complicated and very time consuming (e.g. it was taking 20-30 minutes for a front office employee to enter the data; the number of the places and windows where data had to be keyed in – multiple)
- During last two months robots opened hundreds of accounts already (which slowed down due to Corona Virus but expected to grow back significantly soon)
- Estimated number of hours returned to business is over 10,000 annually
2. “automated processes of business cards orders”
- Before implementation users interacted with 3 internal systems to order business cards (HR system, vendor’s graphical design system and ERP)
- With the current solution, only TrustPortal is used and it allows a very easy integration with the clients existing systems
- Currently, all business cards are processed with one simple form – a very elegant solution which was a show case for Blue Prism and Trustportal joint solution
- The ROI is only 6 months
Here is the link to the video where our client talks about the Blue Prism & TrustPortal project : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZh8AKDKCfE